Thursday, 6 November 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 18: A Photograph of Myself

I admit... I'm such a photo addict before. But that was before. I really love seeing myself in pictures. Cause that's the only time I can feel beautiful. Especially when it was "selfie." LOL. Kidding aside.  And I repeat... that was just before. 

But nowadays, a lot of things have changed. I realized that I'm only fooling myself. I know what I really looked like in real life. A lot of times, the picture could be deceiving. I may look good in pictures, but that's just for a span of time only. I don't wanna fool myself anymore. No matter how good or bad I look at pictures, at the end, it really doesn't matter. It's merely a picture. (Though, a picture really paints a thousand words.)

My face isn't truly love by cameras. But I really love cameras. Isn't it ironic how things work out?

             


And this one is the most decent of the most recent photos that I had, which I took a couple of months ago. I had my job interview here. I don't want to talk about it, since, it's not the topic here. (So, obviously, the outcome wasn't good.) But, the good thing about this, is that, I was wearing the button down top that I'm dying to have before. I didn't buy that before because I thought there's no appropriate occasion for me to wear that. And because of that interview I had the reason to buy that. 

That was only an example of having something good in every bad situation. No matter how bad you think it is, always look on the brighter side of life. 

That's life. It's like taking lots of photos and collecting memories, but at the end of the day, what truly matters is the story behind that every picture. It may look good and you may look happy, but, the question is, are you genuinely happy. It doesn't matter how you appear on the outside, what matters is what you feel on the inside. Because how you feel on the inside will be mirrored on the outside. No special photo editor required. Cause in life, you really cannot edit anything, you can only change it. But it's not precisely the same thing you had. 

You have the ascendancy of what you chose to show to people, but you have no control of what they think about you. Exactly like what I have read somewhere on the net: "We always worry about our looks, but the truth is that they neither matter to those who hate us, nor to those who love us."

Just be genuinely happy and else will follow.


***credits to: Pinterest and livelovesimple.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment