Friday, 24 October 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 5: My Proudest Moment


proud:adjective
-feeling deep pleasure or satisfaction as a result of one's own achievements, qualities, or possessions or those of someone with whom one is closely associated

synonyms: pleased, glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, thrilled, satisfied, gratified, content

When asked about the moment where I felt a great satisfaction for myself because of something I did, it would be during my college days. We had a cooking demonstration for our French subject. It is one-half part of one of our major exams. Those who will get a percentage of 95% and above in that demo will be exempted for that exam. And eventually, our group got 97%, which merely means that we don't need to take the test. Together with my 2 male group mates. We prepared Salade Nicoise Sandwich (Tuna Sandwich). 

The criteria for judging were, every group should prepare a French recipe, whatever simple or complex recipe it is, as long as you can execute it properly; then, since it's a French subject, so we have to use that specific language and we have to memorize the recipe and we have to pronounce the words correctly. In front of our classmates together with our professor we have to do that demo. 

While the other groups  were busy rehearsing for their presentations, our group didn't have any practice, not even once. As in. I just searched on the internet the simplest French recipe that we could prepare, then I asked my 2 other group mates if that's fine with them. And so, that's it. I simply tell them to memorize it wholeheartedly. :) And they just did. We just had a meeting on what gimmick are we going to put in just to make our presentation lively and different among the others.

Since one of our group mates was a dancer, and he badly wanted to be exempted to that exam ('cause he didn't want to study, nor I), he told us that he's going to perform some parts of the dance and wear the costume that they had during our department days. So we both agreed 'cause he's the only one in our group to have the guts, and since we had a hint that the other groups will also be incorporating some dance steps to their presentations.

And that was it. It ended that it becomes our practice and at the same time the actual presentation. I guess it wasn't that bad after all. We bring home the bacon.

And that was one proudest moment. Imagine, we didn't have any practice, yet we received one of the highest grades that made us exempted to a major exam. And because of that, we treat ourselves, together with the other exempted groups for a cup of frappĂ©. 

That was the first and the last time I got exempted from anything in school. And the feeling was actually one of a kind. At least, I experienced it before I graduated. So now I know the feeling. Thanks to my group mates. 

And I really felt these things written above: pleased, glad, happy, delighted, joyful, overjoyed, thrilled, satisfied, gratified, content. Proud moment it is.

***credits to: google for the definition of the word proud and for the image, Pinterest and livelovesimple.com for the "30 Day Blogging Challenge"***

No comments:

Post a Comment