Wednesday, 22 October 2014

30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 3: My Favorite Quote



True enough, isn't it? I found this quotation somewhere at We Heart It app installed on my iPod during those times that I felt really so down and low and I need some inspiring words. And I couldn't agree more with this quote. 

I get used to expect a lot from people and then got easily disappointed if they didn't meet my expectations. Which is really wrong. And when I know that there's something about to  happen in the next few days, I always feel really excited as the days went by and I am always expecting that everything will be perfect and I'm going to have the best time of my life there. And when the time comes that it didn't turn out the way  I expected it to be, I really got disappointed and frustrated. And so I ended up not enjoying the moment wherein I should be. 

But that was me before. As the saying goes, "Experience is the best teacher." I learned not to expect from anyone and anything. Just let them be. Just live in the moment. Because at the end of the day it is not them who will lose a moment of happiness and enjoyment but it is me who will suffer. So, better yet not to expect. Just seize the moment. As the other saying goes, "Hope for the best, but expect for the worst."

That's the reality. We cannot control everything and everyone around us. All we have to control is our thoughts. So, keep your expectations low because trust me, it's for the betterment of your heart. You will lose nothing by not expecting anything.

***credits to: WeHeartIt.com, Pinterest and livelovesimple.com for the 30-Day Blogging Challenge***

No comments:

Post a Comment